“Cyparises by the sea. Crimea ”, Arkhip Ivanovich Quinji – overview of the painting
- Posted by Arkhip Ivanovich Quinji
- Museum: Russian Museum
- Year: 1887
Overview of the painting :
Cypresses by the sea. Crimea – Arkhip Ivanovich Quinji. Paper on cardboard, butter. 10.8 x 17.3 cm
From 1880 to 1900, the “period of silence” by Quinji lasts. It is still unclear what forced Archip Ivanovich to leave public life on top of popularity. Most likely, he believed that fame prevents him from developing as an artist.
During the retreat, the master does not stop painting, he continues to chant the beauty of his surrounding nature with no less penetration than before. Crimea is especially inspiring him. In the 1880s, Quinji acquired a plot in the village of Kikineiz, as well as a cottage in the Tartir beam. Dacha was a kilometer strip of the beach and a slope covered with thickets, in the midst of which the artist gathered a small house for the summer. Below was a cliff, and under it was the sea, whose game Archip Ivanovich loved to watch so much.
Small in size, but interesting in color decision picture “Cyparises by the sea. Crimea ”written in 1887. It seems that it was God who drove the landscape gland with his hand, showing how to gold the gulf overgrown with grass with solar paints, how many rays to splash on tightened and athletic trunks and on young green foliage poured with juice.
Not everything on the canvas is illuminated by the bright sun, part is engulfed in shadow, but against its background, the center of the composition is even more abundantly composed in color. Behind the crowns of the trees you can see the sea of piercing, screaming blue and quiet, timidly blue sky. It seems to the audience that he actually appeared in the clearing in the midst of noble and majestic cypresses.
Cypresses have been growing on the Crimean peninsula for a long time: for the first time they were brought there by the Greeks in antiquity. At first, these noble trees did not grow there everywhere. Much later, in the XVIII century they began to be planted by order of Potemkin, and then they spread to Crimea very widely. They grew up in the eastern part of the former estate of General Revelioti, bought by Archip Ivanovich Quinji.