The city history Museum of Barcelona, Spain
- Country: Spain
- City: Barcelona
- Address: Placa del Rei, s/n. Barri Gotic
The largest Museum of Barcelona includes several component parts, each of which can be considered as independent cultural and educational institution. Interestingly, the Museum began to take shape, thanks to a happy case, in which under the plaça del Rei was opened the oldest urban buildings of the ancient times.
The Museum complex consisting of a house Padella, the Royal Palace and underground exposure includes the following collections:
1. House Padella – here is the Museum ticket office, gift shop, and the point of delivery of the audio guide, which will help to navigate the long aisles, halls, patios of the complex. There is space for temporary exhibitions, the plans for urban development of the city, the origins of the settlement, and also an audiovisual presentation. Then visitors have the opportunity to visit the underground exposition.
2. Dungeon – exposition devoted to life of the ancient city, Laundry and the artisan workshop, distillery, Church of the Visigoths, the house of the Bishop of the 6th century.
3. Royal Palace – the exhibition is devoted to the medieval history of the city, the Moorish dominion, the Carolingian era.
The entrance ticket will cost 7 euros. The Museum is normal (10-20 hours), Monday and all state and Church (Easter, Christmas) holidays.
Next to Plaza del Rey have the opportunity to visit the ruins of the temple of Augustus.
A feature of this repository of antiquities, archive of the Barcelona life for two thousand years, democracy is the availability of the exhibits. The organizers do not hide the treasures of Barcelona from the audience behind the glass. Many artifacts you can touch. The Museum maintains active educational work. If lectures seem boring, the theatrical tours through the dungeon, no doubt, like.
In addition, to the city Museum include:
1. Villa Juan – the house-Museum of Verduga Jacinta, the great Catalan poet.
2. Amusement Park güell. The creation of Gaudi on a site of 17 hectares. Here it is interesting all the alleys, mosaic sculptures, houses, even houses administration, intricate gazebos and nooks. To spend in the Park all day. The time of operation of the Park depends on the seasons. In summer – from 8 to 21.30. In the winter from 8.30 to 18.00. The entrance ticket is 8 Euro (if you buy on the Park’s website, you can save). Discounts for children, seniors. To get better on a tour bus, as Lesseps metro station will have a fairly large piece of walk.
In the city there are many objects that are in the “zone of responsibility” of the city Museum. Most of them are available year round at any time. While walking around the historical part of the city is constantly catches the eye sign with the letters “MUHBA”. This means that close to something special and interesting that you have prepared for visitors to the Barcelona city Museum.